Monday, February 5, 2007

Sign language

I was sitting in the doctor's shop and as usual I was observing people and their actions(this being my fav timepass and reason why i never get bored when I am alone in a public place!) But this time I saw something very different, I have never come across a deaf n dumb family, well the family sitting in front of me was.
To say that I was fascinated by the sign language they used to communicate is an understatement!! I mean they made it look so easy! I picked up a few signs myself!! :) ( I dunno why I am so proud of this!!)
But this then got me thinking as to how eeeeasy it is for the normal people to communicate with each other, something we take for granted! Well I am glad i can scream my head off whenever i want!
To end this post on a lighter note, I remember how one of my classmate's in NCJ during PUC had caused peels of laughter to erupt when asked what was the importance of communication and language by the lecturer.
He said something like this and I quote "Well if there is a hot chick walking on the street and a friend n I are stranded at opposite ends of the street, instead of waving to my friend frantically and getting all excited, I can just casually walk across the street and just say check out the chick dude!" Well the lecturer was obviously stunned into silence! :) I dont think she ever asked that question again! :)

3 comments:

Karan said...

That's an awesome answer! :))

Pragnya said...

yeah! knew this dude form school, had a major crush on him cos of his wit and humour. He just had what is called "the gift of the gab"!! I was so thrilled the day he spoke to me! :)

Murali said...

Whenever I go to the doc, I am very much made aware of our mortality and dependence on other ppl during old age!

Be it crazy, old men with a dazed look in their eyes muttering incoherent phrases being led into the doc's place by two women, or old women who faint in front of you cos of low BP or somethin!

As one of the Agents says in the Matrix, "Only Human!"....