Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Walking into things....

Ever since I was a child, I have always overlooked nah...never looked where I was walking or running! As a result I have fallen down innumerable number of times, bruising my knee, legs, feet, elbows(cos I used them to break my fall) and yeah well that's it!

During my post childhood days i.e. after 7th std I used keep walking into things like a cot or sofa or chairs, desks and what not. Of course my poor little toes bore the brunt of my stupidity and inability to see things as i walk!

So I decided to follow my mom's advice of "kaalallu kannu irbeku". I decided to look before I walked anywhere, with the result that my upper portion of my body was now being neglected. Here are a few instances of how they were neglected....

1) One day I was walking in my office, people had drawn very beautiful rangolis cos of some Onam or something, So I thot I'll avoid stamping them and walked straight into a switchboard instead!! The pain I felt in my shoulder was unbearable!! I had to grin and bear it!

2) I was in a lift, a transparent one at that(this again in office). I was just looking at how uglyly(if there is such a word) my feet were tanned. For this I had to bend a little bit, not noticing the glass case of the lift which was right there in front of me!! So I did bend and ended with a huge bump on my head!

I now have a major problem at hand, I seriously lack leg n eye coordination! I need some help!

7 comments:

Goley said...

Its ok ya pragnya.. Even my poor toes, elbows, shoulders and head scream out loud whenever I bang them into things randomly.. I think its a compulsive habit :D

Karan said...

lol!!
n these were times u dint have a drink of whisky with ur breakfast?!
:))

Krishna said...

ROTFL! 2 observations/comments here.

1. I strongly disagree with your opinion that you have entered your post-childhood era.

2. Didn't you also bang into someone in your office campus whilst riding a bicycle?

Murali said...

Hmm

Cute post...

Probably what you need now is a Female Body Inspector...

Pragnya said...

@Shilpa: Thanks for ur support!

@Karan: Yes all these were times when I was very much sober!! U can imagine my fate if I do get drunk!! :(

@Kris: I strongly object to ur first observation! For pt no 2, well that has got nothing to with my walking skills, does it?!!

@Murali: Yeah!! yeah!! I do!! But that wud require someone to keep reminding me constantly abt where I am headed, dont think i wud like that very much at all!

Padma said...

This reminds me of what you had once told me, that sometimes the upper half of your body fails to move along your lower part due to inertia and as a result of which, you walk like a duck..

Good luck with your dance class Pragnya :-)

Pragnya said...

Iyya Padma, I never said any such thing! U r chumma making up stuff!

Thanks for the wishes btw :)